SAFTEA F.A.S.T. Carbine
The goal of the Second Amendment Foundation Training Division's “F.A.S.T Carbine” course is to provide the student with a solid foundation in basic knowledge of Carbine "Fundamentals and Safety Training" on your specific Carbine, a basic understanding of ammunition and how it functions as well as shooting fundamentals.
A person new to the use of a firearm for personal defense typically has a broad range of questions and is faced with learning a number of skills that are critical in the safe use of a firearm – in this case a Carbine. F.A.S.T Carbine is specifically designed to provide a person new to Carbines the opportunity to gain that knowledge and learn the basics of operation, cleaning and maintenance, safety and much more in a convenient 4 hour course. “F.A.S.T Carbine” is also meant as an introductory course for students new to carbines prior to taking SAFTD Defensive Carbine 1.
A number of topics will be covered in “F.A.S.T Carbine”. These include but are not limited to:
- Safe handling of your firearm.
- Gun Safety Rules
- Safe Storage of your firearm and ammunition.
- Basic components of a your Carbine
- Operation of your Carbine
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Clearing Common Carbine Stoppages
- Selecting a Carbine and Ammunition
- Cleaning and Maintain your Carbine
- A modern, serviceable, Carbine
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred).
- 50 Rounds of Ammunition: Factory fresh ammo only. NO RELOADS or specialty ammo.
- Comfortable clothing
- Hydration system or Bottled water.
- Shoes – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.
- Long Pants, Shirt With Higher Collar
- Baseball Cap