SAFTEA Defensive Carbine 1
The goal of the Second Amendment Foundation Training Division's “Defensive Carbine 1” course is to provide the student with a solid foundation in basic knowledge of carbine safety, various types of carbines, an understanding of ammunition and how it functions, shooting fundamentals and an introduction to defensive shooting skills.
A person new to the use of a firearm for personal defense typically has a broad range of questions and is faced with learning a number of skills that are critical in the use of a firearm – in this case a Carbine – to defend themselves, their family or someone in their charge. Defensive Carbine 1 is specifically designed to provide a person new to carbines the opportunity to gain that knowledge and learn those skills.
A number of topics will be covered in “Defensive Carbine 1 - Introduction to the Defensive Use of a Carbine. These include but are not limited to:
- Safe handling of your firearm.
- Safe Storage of your firearm and ammunition.
- Basic components of a Carbine
- Types and Operation of various Carbines.
- Working With A Natural Defensive Stance
- Integrating The Color Code Into Your Life
- Finding Your Balance of Speed and Precision
- Clearing Common Stoppages
- Progressive Shooting Drills & Transitions
- Definition of Cover and Concealment
- Use of Cover
- Shooting From Low and High Barricades
- Selecting a Carbine and Ammunition
- Cleaning and Maintain your Carbines
- A modern, serviceable, semi-auto carbine with 2 magazines and magazine carrier.
- Rifle slings are required.
- Semi-auto Pistol or Revolver with at least 2 magazines
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred).
- Sturdy Shoes, Long Pants, Shirt With Higher Collar
- Ammunition: Factory fresh ammo only. NO RELOADS or specialty ammo. 100 rounds hand gun, 200 rounds rifle.
- Comfortable clothing, knee-pads (optional but recommended).
- Hydration system or Bottled water.
- Baseball Cap
Course length is a full day, typically 8-10 hours including lunch break. There are short breaks throughout both the classroom session and shooting range drills.
Saturday November 13th, 2021 - 8AM - 5PM
Cost: $175 per student